Stoll Keenon Ogden’s Environmental Litigation Practice offers a comprehensive array of services for the business client in all areas involving air, water and waste. In the complex area of environmental law, SKO offers services ranging from consulting about compliance with environmental laws and regulations, to assisting with the permitting process and to litigating in state and federal courts, administrative tribunals and arbitration proceedings.
- Regulatory compliance
- Environmental permitting
- Negotiations with regulatory agencies
- Permit challenges
- Negotiations with the State and EPA regarding agreed orders and remedy selection
- Superfund Litigation
- Class Action litigation
- Criminal Enforcement
- Insurance Coverage
- Transactional auditing and counseling
- Structuring and overseeing environmental investigations and remediation
- Contract disputes between buyers and sellers of contaminated property
- Defense to government orders or notices of violations
- Citizen Suit litigation
- Brownfields law
- Environmental Management Systems
Westlake Vinyls, Inc. v. Goodrich Corporation v. PolyOne Corporation. Successful prosecution of breach of contract claim under the indemnity provisions of a purchase and sale agreement.
PolyOne Corporation v. Westlake Vinyls, Inc. Obtained dismissal based upon the Burford Abstention Doctrine.
Monika Burkhead, et al v. Louisville Gas and Electric Company, U.S. District Court, Western District of Kentucky at Louisville. Defense of claims for nuisance, trespass, negligence and strict liability by multiple property owners against LG & E. Successfully defeated class certification.
Evansville Greenway and Remediation Trust v. Southern Indiana Gas and Electric Company, Inc., et al.; Evansville Greenway PRP Group v. General Waste Products, et al. Successfully resolved contribution claim against alleged PRP arising out of the remediation of a former scrap processing facility.